Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 December 2020

Advent 9

Funny how things work themselves into your consciousness. I was collecting Daughter Number 2's car from the garage the other day and, what with DN2 being a good deal more hip than her old man, the radio was tuned to Radio 6. They were playing something that I liked and I learned from the digital display (isn't science wonderful) that it was by a popular beat combo called The Postal Service. So when I got back home I fired up the old streaming service and listened to said combo. Nice but not earth-shattering. But lo and behold I also came across a cover of one of their tracks, We Will Become Silhouettes. Here it is in all its loveliness. By the Shins and imho notably better than the original. Listen to the lyrics. Quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment