Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 March 2021

Finding Strange Bedfellows

Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows. That's not me, it's my old mate the Bard.

Well I've slagged Piers Morgan off in the past (he's boorish and deliberately over-provocative), as well as praising him when he took the Americans to task over their deluded marriage to guns. It feels uncomfortable to be siding with him again but in the whole wretched business of the Harry and Meghan affair, I'm afraid I'm not unsympathetic. Here is what he said today and I think it's difficult to pick holes in it:

I don't believe almost anything that comes out of her mouth and I think the damage she's done to the British monarchy and to the Queen at a time when Prince Philip is lying in hospital is enormous and frankly contemptible.

Whatever happened to bearing your troubles with dignity. It's enough (almost) to turn you into a republican. President Boris anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment