Search This Blog

Monday 22 March 2021

Jones Must Go? Part V

In a word - yes. If a week is a long time in politics, it is an even longer one in professional sport. Having pulled the iron out of the fire against France, England proceeded to go several miles backwards in an abject performance against Ireland. For the first time since 1976, England have lost to each of the other home countries - and believe me I was around in 1976 and we were a disorganised shower in those days. 

Answer me this- what is the point of kicking the ball away if you have no plausible strategy for getting it back? Baffling and intellectually bankrupt. Jones is a good operator but a stubborn one and he has driven this England team into a tactical dead-end. Time for a change. My choice would be Pat Lam.

No comfort in being Welsh this week either, so it is a good job that I am Irish by marriage. And after all it's only a game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment