Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 April 2021

More Serendipity

I have a drawer designated for my use in the Groupie's kitchen - it's to discourage me from my lawyer's habit of filing things in plain sight ie. just left lying around. Anyway, I decided to have one of my too-irregular clear-outs. These things are cathartic once you have steeled yourself to do it. 

In amongst the bills for filing (I had at least paid them all) I found an old encrypted (my own weird code) list of passwords for gambling sites. These days I favour the good people at Coral with my paltry trade and I had thought that I had emptied the various other accounts usually opened to take advantage of free offers. Still you never do know, do you. Lo and behold I located fifty-odd of your English quids in my Paddy Power account. At some point I must have had a winner. This is refreshing to learn because winners have been few and far between of late. I am going to spend it wisely - more gambling.

Dignified

Just a thought - I was reminded on Saturday of another thing the British are good at (the first being the organisation of mass vaccination) - we do a mean state funeral even at times of pandemic. Militarily precise, dignified and even a tad moving. Walter Bagehot would have approved.    

No comments:

Post a Comment