Search This Blog

Sunday 29 July 2012

It's Raining Hard But ...

... it doesn't matter because I've just got out of the pool and not only did I not drown I actually swam one half of one of your English miles. Now this is not much for a proper swimmer but for me who hasn't been in the water since last November this is really rather pleasing. I am glowing with portly athleticism and supping on some chilled water. I'm hoping that it will soon stop pisssing down because I came over to the leisure centre without my coat and I don't want both body and mood dampened when I trudge back to the tent to have my prawn salad and packet of crisps - it's not all glamour you know. It will be an early night tonight because I have to be up around 5.00 to make the journey into the Excel. I am practising my customer service face already. It hurts, these are not muscles I have ever had to use professionally.

It's stopped raining.

1 comment:

  1. Struggling to make the connection between you and a customer service face me old mucka, just give em some old Brummy charm!
    Presumably to get to Excel (now some unpronounceable Arabic named centre) you had to use that wondrous invention DLR.
    Ps how can tube drivers mention striking when most of the don't even drive anymore, most of it is automatic!

    ReplyDelete