Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 July 2012

It's A Small World But I Wouldn't Want To Paint It

So there I was just having gone on duty at the Excel to shepherd the masses towards the sport when this family of six cycle up to the bike racks and disembark. That fellow looks familiar thinks I and bugger me if it wasn't the tribe of young Will Meere. It shames me to say I haven't seen Will since his father's funeral (Overgraduate December 2010) and he was his usual charming self. He photographed me with the children in my comedy uniform and by the time I phoned him at lunch time Richard Meere had already seen the picture. Such is fame in the global village. But I mean what a ridiculous bloody coincidence. It makes the serendipity at the heart of A Dance To The Music Of Time seem completely plausible. Which grants me licence to reproduce one of the so brilliant Boxer cover illustrations.

As for the work today, again fun and with a livelier team than yesterday. Hats off to young Lauren from Dudley our team leader who did that leadershio trick it's so hard to learn - looking like you're not trying. An even earlier start tomorrow before a day of rest on Thursday. Sitting here in the lounge of the leisure club and wondering whether this tired old body is up to yet another swim. Oh sod it, I might as well. You're only old once.

3 comments:

  1. Easy tiger don't overdo it you have another tour to do next year! So much schwimming so little ability are you trying for the title of Olympic underdog of the day just to get near our delightful Gabby? You probably don't know what this is all about as you are living like a red Indian. I am sure BW has a joke about someone shitting on your teepee, I will make enquiries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps ynys mon is that like way aye man?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk of comedy uniform hath whetted thine appetite for mirth old thespian, what for whereart the living proof in picture say I? Publish and be damned before young Cameron fails to save us from the fiddlers.

    ReplyDelete