Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 June 2015

A Good Film. A Good Meal.

Two of my favourite actors in the same film - John Cusack and Alan Arkin. Do you know what it is yet? The dangerously dark Grosse Pointe Blank - a blood-spattered comedy about a hit man and his visit to his high school reunion. 7/10.

As for the good meal, well if you pressed me on my favourite ingredients I think belly pork, scallops and black pudding would all be up there in the top twenty. So high fives to the good people at The Cock Inn at Wishaw who have put all of them successfully together on one plate. The Cock Inn has always done a good job in my experience but that plateful on Monday was a cut above the old norm. Either I was very lucky or they've upped their game and judging by the reactions of Sharon and Number Two daughter to their meals, it seems to be the latter. Another 7/10. Oh and an interesting Romanian sauvignon blanc.


Mind you the food and drink left me heavy legged on Tuesday when I dragged myself out for a wind-swept run. Hard work. Better today though when I stayed out for seventy-three sun-kissed minutes. Tomorrow it is off with the lads (aged gents who ought to know better in truth) for Colin Cragg's fiftieth birthday.. we're going to Dusseldorf and before you ask, no I haven't a clue either. Auf wierdersehen for now.

1 comment:

  1. Pray tell dear BFP not the gory details obviously but did you stay the course and survive?
    Ps what we doing for your 60'th?
    More importantly we need to kidnap Willy for his and take him to some far flung corner and subject him to all sorts of things.
    Mainly on the basis of when we get to 60 he will either have forgotten or not have the energy for revenge!!

    ReplyDelete