Search This Blog

Friday 12 June 2015

Pig In The Kitchen

Yesterday's chicken korma proved palatable enough and preparations for today's truffle chips are well in hand - spuds have been peeled and the oil will go on when Sharon gets back from work. I'm a domestic god.

An interesting wine from Majestic to comment upon. I think it's the cheapest I've ever purchased from them and it's definitely the first time I've chosen a non vintage Vin de France there. I've always had an unjustified (but it was mine and I was sticking to it) prejudice against French reds but lately I have mellowed or more accurately my taste has mellowed and I like the everyday usability of lighter French reds over their harder New World cousins. As I have said before I do however have the palate of a stray dog - but a stray dog who knows what he likes.

Anyway the bottles in question - Pied Tanque. When all is said and done it was the label that won me over. But having now tested it out, I can say that it's passable stuff and makes a good workaday choice. Just to show my philistine side I can confirm that it is nice chilled.

It's either chorizo or chilli spiced sausages to go with the truffle chips. What do you think?

As I write this I am listening to the second One Day International between England and New Zealand. In the first England scored a scarcely credible four hundred. Today New Zealand have done much the same and England are making a good initial fist of chasing that target down. I have to accept that it is arguable that these improved scoring rates have been begotten by my bete noir, Twenty20. However I say it again - this mania for instant gratification endangers the joy that is test cricket. Having said that, I'm going to sit down with a glass of chilled Pied Tanque to watch the match whilst awaiting Sharon's return.

No comments:

Post a Comment