Search This Blog

Saturday 13 June 2015

Of Running, Rain And The Perfidy Of Builders

In case you missed it, that was Summer that we had on Thursday. Yesterday was murky and today it has just hosed down for most of the day. Which is at least good for my lovely garden but does encourage the grass to grow more swiftly than is ideal.

The view from the bridge of the good ship BFP
After a delay (detail to follow) I went out for a run in the rain. New running shorts were a success but my precious Oakleys were a categorical error. No matter how cool I think they make me look, they are impractical in heavy rain for the obvious reason that you can't see a bloody thing. And yes I do know that a man of my education should have been able to work that out but they do look soooo cool.

What kept me in the house was the promised attendance of our builder who simply never showed and ignored a dozen phone calls. This is uncharacteristic so I hope nothing nasty has happened but I do have to confess that my state of mind, couching it in Wodehousian terms, is that if not entirely disgruntled I am certainly far from gruntled. A glass of red is presently soothing the savage beast.

I ran a comfortable four miles but having to carry my Oakleys disturbed my finely honed body balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment