Search This Blog

Thursday 30 July 2015

Cricket Lovely Cricket

As it turns out I don't have to leave the country to make our cricketers play well. I am still in the UK and they stand on the brink of a demolition of Australia, an improbable rejuvenation after last week's capitulation. Test cricket is where it's at - don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

There are worse ways to spend the evening


I took in most of the day's play on the radio (no sport is better suited to audio coverage) whilst driving to Anglesey for one of my inspection visits at the old country estate. All is well, indeed made better by the nine holes of golf I treated myself to under a blameless, cloudless sky. As I stood on the ninth green at Baron Hill I forgave myself the fluffed chip and took in the view of the Menai Straits. A chap could do a lot worse. I have suppered of chili con carne and Weetabix (not together you understand) and am washing it down with Waitrose Good Ordinary Claret. I have Evelyn Waugh with me to round off the night - Scoop.

My golf? Petty crap I'm afraid. But tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment