Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Jackson Pollock - Seattle Art Museum

So anxious was I to tell you how many bars I'd visited in Seattle that I omitted to mention the Seattle Art Museum. An interesting space with a growing and youthful collection. Student discount again allowed.

I think I get the point of Jackson Pollock. You have to see the paintings up close to appreciate the textures and layers. Seattle are justly proud of their freshly restored 1947 Pollock. The reproduction below does not do it justice of course.




2 comments:

  1. Jeez ya don't say davey boy! Think you had too much jack mack! Tom painted something similar 23 years ago, I shoulda kept it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say though they nearly got the name right. A right load of old pollock!!

    ReplyDelete