Search This Blog

Saturday 18 July 2015

Train Delay

We're on the way from Portland to Vancouver - slowly as it happens. We are three and a half hours in and already two behind schedule. But at least the internet thingy is working so I can bore the world in the accustomed manner.


Not in the Michelin Guide
It occurs to me that I omitted to mention the epicurean inconsistency in yesterday's eating. As I last blogged, we ate in the evening at the outstanding Paley's Place. Which was nice. At lunchtime we had nachos, fries and a beer (well the Groupie had wine) at the salubrious Buffalo Wild Wings sports bar franchise in downtown Portland. Which was also nice - and that, I think, is my point.

I've just watched the first episode of Phoenix Nights. Peter Kay, genius.

1 comment:

  1. Are you coming back to Blighty? You seem to have become a convert to all things the "the good old U S of A" have to offer! Come back our cricketers need you but more importantly BW Mac is trying to organise a round at Woburn and if you don't hurry up we will have to play with Poults instead!

    ReplyDelete