Search This Blog

Sunday 23 December 2018

Advent 23

DN1 and DN2 are home for Christmas after a mildly chaotic exit from That London - won't bore you with the details but all's well that ends well and we definitely earned the reward of a Chinese banquet. I've even had some cold prawn toast for breakfast.

Our beach at Benllech

 Ynys Mon (Anglesey to you and me) has become very important to me, a place of peace and comfort. From the two historic bridges that link it to the mainland (a third is now planned), to the easy grandeur of Plas Newydd; from the coastal glory of Trearddur Bay to the craggy outlook of South Stack; from real ale at Red Wharf Bay to excellent fish and chips at the Golden Fry; from waking after a sound sleep to good coffee taken at the front window looking over to the Great Orme in the distance. Ynys Mon is where I feel closest to my personal gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment