Search This Blog

Thursday 20 December 2018

Beggary, Bastardy, Camels And Needles

The Groupie and I passed a joyous evening at the CBSO Christams Carol Concert - Alan Titchmarsh great value for money as the compere. However I managed to take a small edge off my own enjoyment by a moment of graceless behaviour. I cannot recall that there were ever beggars on the streets of the Birmingham of my youth, but they are now a commonplace. This is disturbing and I have no answer. I find aggressive begging a particular difficulty and as I tucked into my teatime snack at the German Market, I reacted unjustly harshly to the beggar who approached us as we ate. This is the bastardy to which I refer, not literally 'the condition of a bastard', but rather the modern sense of behaving like a bastard. I was an unfeeling bastard and, yes, come to think of it, had my parents seen my behaviour they might very well have disowned me.  Sorry.

As for camels, well I'm only a tiny camel but just how big do they make those needles?  

No comments:

Post a Comment