Search This Blog

Sunday 10 May 2020

Bloody Hell That Was Hard Work

Dave's go-faster shoes
I have taken the exercise allowance in lockdown as less permission and more mandate. I do two shorter runs (thirty minutes) each week and one long (by the Pig's standards) which I attempt to lengthen by five minutes each week. I got up to sixty-five minutes this week. I also get out on the Precious Bike once a week and I am adding time on each occasion. Today was bike day and you know how it is, sometimes it is just bloody hard work. I can't attribute today's difficulty to any particular reason but by the time I had come up Hill Village Road for the second time (at the culmination of my Little Hay/Shenstone/Four Oaks loop) I was totally knackered and (could it be a defect in my posture on the machine?) my arms and shoulders were begging for mercy. One hour forty-six minutes. I know it's not that impressive but it is making me feel better in mind and body. I've even invested in some new running shoes - Asics GT2000/8 again - I'm a creature of habit. My magic insoles (all the way from California at ruinous expense) have been transferred from the old pair.

I've just re-read that paragraph and realised that it is bald confession of breaching the one hour exercise dictum. In my defence I stress I am scrpulous in my social distancing and I never spit! As I type, Boris is on the television telling us all how the lockdown will continue. I think he will cut me a bit of slack. Blow me, he just did. 

Now for a word about a film we enjoyed. Well a couple of words - silly and enjoyable - that's three words I know but you will forgive me the conjunctive. The Bourne Ultimatum continues the Bourne saga into its third iteration. There is immorality at the top of the CIA (when is there not?) and it is down to Jason Bourne to stop it. But who is Jason Bourne? The film rockets along in its silliness but it is beautifully realised. 73/100.  

No comments:

Post a Comment