Search This Blog

Saturday 9 May 2020

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker

I have been trawling internet reviews of the final part of the ultimate Star Wars trilogy and my views seem to be at variance with most reviewers - as was also the case with The Last Jedi, although it took two viewings for me to appreciate fully that film.

The high-water mark of the nine films is generally held to have been back in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. I would not disagree with that, but I do thnk that The Rise of Skywalker comes closer than any other offering to matching that movie. Yes, there are a lot of loose ends to be tied up and there is something a bit Voldemort about the resurrection of Papatine but those loose ends do not get in the way of the picture. All in all to be recommended. 85/100.

No comments:

Post a Comment