Search This Blog

Thursday 7 May 2015

General Election V

I'm feeling a tad guilty about my unrelenting cynicism. This morning I swam in a fine municipal baths and later I will get to exercise my franchise at my leisure. As I glibly took in the lunchtime news on Sky I saw footage of riots in Burundi where there is controversy about the forthcoming presidential election. A man was today burned alive.

BFP training fuel
Last night I polished off a bottle of pleasant red wine - Villa Maria Pinot Noir 2011. It was a leaving gift to me from a co-worker whose estimation I value. That made the wine taste all the better.

And he makes it fast with one more thing - we re-watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind on Tuesday. Halliwell is rather sniffy about it but I thought it stood up well. 6.5/10.

Remember to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment