Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Support Your Local Pig

There's no going back now - I've made a public commitment and more important than that I have promised Daughter Number Two that I'm going to do it. So, barring illness and injury (either of which will have to be suitably severe) on October 11 I will be in Rachel's company as we run the Royal Parks Half Marathon. Many, many, many moons ago Big Fat Pig (aka BFP, that's me not Rach) did the full London Marathon and although he finished he did get badly dehydrated and lost a sprint finish to a bloke in a rhino costume, who in turn was just touched off by a man with a false leg. So you will appreciate that BFP does not do this thing lightly.

BFP in his Oakleys
Both Rachel and I will be raising funds for Mind, the mental health charity, something close to my heart as our resident mentalist. If you are minded to support our efforts you can find my giving page at David Roberts's Giving Page

After the rigours of a week in Ireland and in particular the onboarding of enough calories to sink a battleship, it was with some trepidation and an inevitably heavy tread that I set out for my latest run this morning. All went to plan and I shuffled about three miles. This afternoon I have been to the chiropractor for the first time in an age and was rewarded by three resounding cracks of the spine - by my simple reckoning the louder the crack the better the value for money you are getting.

My training regime will include red wine -which is good for your heart. In moderation. That's my story and I'm sticking got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment