Search This Blog

Thursday 21 May 2015

Of Food And Love

It went well - the Nigella chicken and chorizo was a smash hit - check out the recipe at Spanish chicken.

That was the food and what of love? Well I cooked it for my parents and, do you know what, I don't say it often enough - I owe them rather more than a solitary lunch. There are tiny little bits and pieces (mostly the bad ones) that I have done for myself but on any rational calculation I am the product of their selfless commitment to family. I hope they enjoyed the chicken.

While I wasn't cooking, eating or drinking today I wallowed in the coverage of the test match and the PGA golf. The cricket was terrific - a clatter of early England wickets followed by a very spirited fight-back and a final (last ball of the day) leveller for New Zealand. Under an English sun what could be better than to be at Lord's watching proper cricket? Proper cricket mind you.

The garden is looking good but my precious lawn probably needs another cut tomorrow. And finally, I've just had a text from Viperjohn to alert me to 33% off Pol Roger at Majestic for the next four days. Tempting, very tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment