Search This Blog

Thursday 27 August 2015

46 Days And The Contrary Law Of Expanding Returns

Contrary to my carefully cultivated image as a champagne-swilling parvenu, I do love a good bargain. So today has been a good day.

tres satisfactoire
I cycled (without puncture - Heaven be praised) for ninety minutes this morning, even seeking out the hilly bits to push myself that little bit more. Tres satisfactoire. Then I took the old garden furniture to the recycling shop - it feels that much more satisfactory than consigning usable items to the ignominy of landfill. Tres satisfactoire. Then I bought some sweet potatoes because tonight I am essaying sweet potato fries. Hopefully tres satisfactoire. Then I visited Majestic Wine. I love Majestic - lots to choose from, enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff, what's not to love. It's bin-end time at the moment and if you're thinking of going to Mere Green to scoop up the bargain Undurraga or ludicrously (£3.66 per bottle) cheap Pied Tanque Blanc, forget it. The OG/BFP has bought the lot. Tres, tres satisfactoire. And just to cap it all, because I had taken all the stock they even sent me on my way with the three-quarter full bottle from the tasting counter. Tres, tres, tres satisfactoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment