Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 August 2015

47 Days And The Law Of Diminishing Returns

Pol Roger is priced at about five times the cost of Undurraga. Is the champagne therefore four times better than its imitator? I seriously doubt it but I know which I prefer - when funds permit.

My Precious Jag cost me about half of what I might have shelled out for what one might deem an equivalent Aston Martin. Is the Aston therefore twice as good as the PJ? I seriously doubt it, but that would probably not have stopped me paying it had the resources been available.

The Fat Duck is an utterly brilliant experience. Is it therefore, say, twenty times as good as a decent pub meal? I seriously doubt it, but I'd recommend it to anyone.

When I run I feel outrageously virtuous, particularly when I clock over into recently unexplored territory - witness my ludicrous self-esteem when I managed eighty minutes on Monday. The trouble is that to achieve that elusive 'runner's high' you have to keep adding on minutes and/or distance. So this morning I ran for an hour and yet that gave me nowhere near the satisfaction that it did when I breached the hour only last week in Anglesey.

This dear reader is the Law of Diminishing Returns in operation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment