Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 December 2021

Advent 14

Having said that Dunmore East is the weakest of the five courses on the Dunmore Classic rota, I would have to say that today's course is the least congenial. That little bit too corporate and, a bugbear of mine, some long walks between greens and tees. That said, Faithleeg is an impressive piece of golfing landscape. The 17th stands out as a devilishly difficult 430 yard par 4. With the 17th at Bull Bay and the 10th at Little Aston already in my list, a pattern of admiration is emerging for the slight double dog-leg. This one goes left-right, right-left with mature trees guarding both sides of the hole. As if that were not enough, anything straying left of the green is menaced by a pond.


A shaming confession - the first time I played this course, so bad was my mood that I managed to smash my wedge. But I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment