Search This Blog

Sunday 5 December 2021

Advent 5

Depending on my mood, County Sligo at Rosses Point can be the best course I have ever played. The hole I have chosen from this magnificent links is not the hardest of the eighteen, indeed as I read the course website I realise that the hole I played does not exist any more. After two relatively benign holes the third launches itself from the top of a dune - when the Pig played it, it was a short par five. I learn that the powers that be have built a new green some one hundred yards further down the hole in order to make it more of a challenge. That's as maybe, but I will choose to recall the four iron I hit from the fairway to about six feet. I missed the putt for eagle. Of course.


No picture available of the hole as I played it, instead I have chosen a photo that communicates just how fabulous a course this is. A thing of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment