Search This Blog

Friday 3 December 2021

Advent 3

Today we're back on the downhill track. There are several downhill par threes that come to my mind as among my favourites, not least the almost impossibly scenic 4th on the Duke's at Woburn, however I choose for inclusion today the 17th at the less exalted Rufford Park. 169 yards across water. What tips the balance in favour of this hole is the company in which I played it and also the fact that the Duke's will get a mention elsewhere. It was the second day of QMT Tour 2020. I worked a five rescue onto the green and three putted from fifteen feet. That just about sums up golf Pig style.


I'm out for lunch with the Ireland tour boys in Brum today and in tribute to their company tomorrow will feature a fearsome hole we played on our own little expedition to play for the Dunmore Shield this year. Modesty prevents me from saying who won.

No comments:

Post a Comment