Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 December 2021

Advent 21

'If you could only play one course for the rest of your life, which would it be?' This hoary old question is a bar room favourite but I have my answer ready and waiting. It would be Sutton Coldfield. I had the privilege of being a member there but eventually resigned because I quite simply was not playing enough golf.


It is another Mackenzie course, running through the common land of Sutton Park. It has that springy heathland turf that invites a good strike. On the front nine there is the unusual feature of three consecutive par 5s and I choose the middle of these, the 6th, for today's entry. It curves its way up towards the Jamboree Stone car park so there is often the added piquancy of a few spectators/dog walkers to make the golfer feel self-conscious. 520 yards of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment