Search This Blog

Thursday 2 December 2021

Advent 2

I have written before about Bull Bay Golf Club on Anglesey, the course that was the traditional aperitif to our annual expeditions to Ireland. For the most part I have always played this course after a hearty liquid lunch, buoyed by the thought of the fun and games to come after the ferry trip the next day. This preliminary status does the course a severe disservice - it is better than any of the courses we used to play in South East Ireland. 


There is an abundance of good holes and views aplenty but I choose the 17th as the hardest of the lot. 425 yards of double dog-leg par 4, first left to right, then right to left. Don't take too safe a line off the tee however because you will run into the left gorse. Too daring and you will plummet into the right gorse. Take a fairway wood perhaps - fine but you'll have a mile to go to the green, slightly, but meaningfully uphill. 

The entire course at Bull Bay is up there with my absolute favourites and the 17th only marginally gets the vote over, say, the 7th, the 10th and the 18th. 

Probably a good time to comment on my new winter golf boots - the only good thing about my golf in the cold and rain of yesterday at Pype Hayes was that my feet were dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment