Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 December 2021

Advent 8

Bamburgh Castle Golf Club might very well be the most scenic course in Britain, hell the world even. I haven't played enough international golf to be so bold as to make that claim but, on balance (and, of course, I always strive for balance), it's definitely the best situated of any that I have played.


Not a long course, Bamburgh opens with two tough par 3s and then continues the idiosyncracy with two par 5s. It is the first of those 5s that I select today although, if I'm being honest (and, unlike our Prime Minister, I always strive for honesty) I could have picked any one of half a dozen holes on this course for inclusion. Anyway, after those two testing par 3s, you launch yourself towards Budle Bay and the promise of what is to come. When you play Bamburgh, I defy you not to feel good about the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment